Saturday, September 22, 2012

That Same Friday Night... Gluten Things


I blogged this LAST WEEK, and forgot about it not posting and it was all saved in a document waiting for me, I post it now.

I have been trying to adjust to this gluten intolerance (or whatever it is) crap but I am really finding it to be far too easy to not follow the diet the way that I need to be. I am also feeling like my lactose intolerance (which is off and on for some odd reason?) is just around the corner again. This makes me sooo nervous. Taking away all forms of lactose containing milk is a nightmare add gluten to that and I'm pretty sure that chickens will be running for the hills clucking away terrified. Because, when it comes right down to it, I'll be all ravenous for chickens and rice. Just the thought of chicken and rice makes me smile. You can do so many things with the two that it almost makes you forget that you're "restricted" from other things.
          THEN just when you are content and going about your own way minding your own business with a belly full of chicken and rice, you see a sandwich... and someone is just stuffing it all in their face hole like NOM NOM. And you start drewling and convince yourself that you can have a sandwich too! Then you tell yourself that "it's not that bad" and "its only one". Before you know it you're spiraling out of control and a week has passed and you're still telling yourself. It's OK!!! IT'S ONLY ONE, DAMNIT!
          But no, really. One gluten containing food has a high likelihood of leading to mouth sores for me, headaches, body/joint pain, and swollen lymph nodes in my neck/jaw (that last one is after about 5-7 days of eating small amounts of gluten). Then I'm basically feeling like I am dying from a flu bug.
          Needless to say. I had a bad week! I need to try harder. Part of me is still in denial. I actually tried to convince myself that it was "in my head". I ended up very miserable and very depressed over it.
          I cannot even attend a simple cookout without eating before I leave the house. I know, that chances are, I will not be able to eat more than a few potato chips and if I am really lucky they might have fruit salad. Usually I try to take a gluten free dish if the function allows for things to be brought.


Side Note: I have had a horrible time with posting and writing blogs today. I can only assume there must be a bunch of boring Friday night bloggers out there just like me. I will let it go this time.. but next time, you better watch your back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment