Thursday, April 24, 2014

Summer Vacation for the Homeschool Mom!

I smell summer! We are nearing the end of our "homeschool year". I feel like a summer vacation is just as much for me as it is for my kids! Anyone else? Because honestly I cannot wait!!!

Summer vacation for myself as a homeschool mom means:

  • Reading books and not remembering to write down the author and title for a book log.
  • I'm going to stop to smell the flowers without using words like photosynthesis or noting plant adaptations.
  • I will mix batter and make cookies and not ask a child to come read measurements but to just lick the bowl!
  • I will request boogers go in tissue and not call it health class. hahaha
  • I will not divide up natural learning into subjects that I can log because I won't have to.
  • We will paint and construct without wondering if it is math class or if it is art.
  • We will garden without worrying about science lessons or health.



Homeschooling in Pennsylvania comes with a plethora of paperwork and second guessing on my part. I am constantly wondering if I am doing enough. If I am missing something. I overdid it this year. It is our first year homeschooling and I would rather have back up documentation than too little documented.

I think I am more nervous since we didn't purchase a curriculum and we like to improvise and change our minds as we go along.Nothing stood out to me and I really didn't know my kids various learning styles and needs.
As eager as I am to get started sifting through their interests for the fall and making book lists I am forcing myself to get these portfolios completed, evaluations done, letter of intent filed, and take a break too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment