Saturday, January 10, 2015

Restaurant Menus Through History

I am so excited!
We are planning a history submersion day for Tuesday. All day we're focusing on the 1920s and experiencing it to the fullest.

This morning I found a website that linked me to the New York Public Library online that directed me to menus from restaurants with dates for each. There was also an option to look at dishes served by year and by popularity. Now I can plan the meals for our history submersion day based on home cooked or restaurant style.

We can even make up fun little menus and even plan for daily spending with play money. That would put things into perspective!
I couldn't help but share. For the foodies, for the people who love history and culture, for the people thinking up cool ways to to get their children excited about learning.

Here is the link!

No comments:

Post a Comment