Thursday, April 17, 2014

Messy Veggie Lasagna

I started out going to make these lasagna roll things.
It seemed easy enough and then all of my gluten free lasagna just fell apart when I tried to cook it... I fed it to the dogs. They really enjoy my failed attempts at cooking!


I usually make homemade spaghetti sauce on top of the stove. But I have been dying to test out the hot soups option on my Vitamix.

Tomato Sauce
1 (28oz) Can Plum Tomatoes with Basil
2 Tablespoons tomato paste
1/2 c. sugar
2 tsp. Oregano
Garlic Powder - to taste
Onion Powder - to taste

Blend using Hot Soup setting. It is certainly hot!

The Hot Soup setting runs for 5 minutes. I was unable to find this information anywhere online or in the books so I am putting it out there.


After my lasagna was a flop I made some wheat pasta.
You'll need a 6 qt baking dish.
I put some tomato sauce in the bottom first just to coat.
16 ounces of pasta cooked
2 cups baby spinach (could have used more but with kids I didn't want it too green and mushy)
 8-10 grape tomatoes chopped seeds removed and about 10 ounces of mushrooms chopped.







Blend together
1 1/2 c. ricotta cheese
2 c. mozzarella cheese
1 egg
1/2 c. parmesan (mine had seasonings)
Add to the pan!

You probably want to mix as you go! I didn't for picture reasons... and that just made it harder on myself. Mix between your layers!

 I added about
2 cups of my tomato sauce
Mix evenly
Add a sprinkling of cheese.






Mid-sprinkle photo! The sauce is kind of pink
from blending with the cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes


Magic!









Messy Veggie Lasagna

16 ounces of pasta cooked
2 cups baby spinach
 8-10 grape tomatoes chopped seeds removed 
10 ounces of mushrooms chopped.
Cheese Mixture
  • 1 1/2 c. ricotta cheese
  • 2 c. mozzarella cheese
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 c. parmesan
2 cups Tomato Sauce
  • 1 (28oz) Can Plum Tomatoes with Basil
  • 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
  • 1/2 c. sugar
  • 2 tsp. Oregano
  • Garlic Powder - to taste
  • Onion Powder - to taste
Add a sprinkling of cheese. Bake 40 minutes at 350 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment