Friday, September 7, 2012

Holy Freaking Weird

So I am sitting eating dinner and a memory comes to mind.
I could see and smell and taste a certain food. It is gooey and sweet, and semi-solid.
Then it dawns on me "this is an Egyptian dessert... I remember learning about it in school". Just through general study of culture, food, etc.
I am sitting there remembering and I can literally taste it in my mouth! However, I'm not sure if this is a real memory or not. Maybe the teacher brought in some for us to try?

Anyways... however this memory came to me... I remember eating Basbousa.(I did my research on what it actually is.)

I am however bothered by the entire concept of eating something, and remembering I ate it but not remembering where or even when it happened.
For all I know... this could be someone else's memory.


For more information about my Basbousa the following link provides some information and pictures.

http://www.albohsali.com/sweets/basbousa-nammoura/

No comments:

Post a Comment